We, the diverse Catholic community of Sacred Heart, are called to act as disciples of Jesus, respecting the dignity of all, through our Word, Worship, Community and Service.
Parish Pastoral Council
Develops Parish Mission Statement and the vision, plan, and policy for the parish.
- Fr. Paul Muyimbwa – Pastor
- Joe Migliozzi – Chair
- Shawn Smith – Vice-Chair
- Terri Kirchner – Secretary
- Karen Reynes – Secretary
- Silver Ibenye
- Ashby Kennedy
- Andrea McLemore
- Josefa Hassett
- Christopher Woods
- Tom Bosse – Christian Formation Representative (adults)
- Matt Louth – Christian Formation Representative (children and youth)
- David Smith – Liturgy Committee Representative
- Jeannine McDonnell – Justice and Peace Committee Representative
- Dan Boyters – Administration Committee Representative
Ensures proper financial records are maintained, develops budget, assists in preparing annual report.
- Len Weireter – Chair
- Tim Dorsey
- Mike Soniak
- Laura Quinn McDermott
- Andrew Bosse
Registration dates are usually the 4th Sunday of the Month.
Dec. 10, 2017
Jan. 28, 2018
Feb. 25, 2018
Mar. 25, 2018
April 22, 2018
May 27, 2018
June 24, 2018
The format of the session is as follows:
- Opening prayer
- An ice breaker
- A PowerPoint about the parish—history, general information, a slide on each of the 5 core areas and the ministries in each: Administration, Parish Life, Christian Formation, Justice and Peace and Liturgy.
- A gallery walk for information
- Breakout sessions will provide individuals with assistance completing the registration and focusing on at least one area of involvement.
The parish of the Sacred Heart dates from 1894 and it was the second Catholic parish established in the city of Norfolk, Virginia. It took 104 years since… read more