Sacred Heart church in Norfolk is seeking a part-time Faith Formation Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and clerical support for the Director of Religious Education (10 hours a week).
Under the supervision of the Director of Religious Education the Administrative assistant is responsible for all clerical functions of the office, overseeing student registration and attendance for Faith Formation, maintaining Excel spreadsheets with current contact info
for all Faith Formation families, overseeing the Children’s Liturgy of the Word on Sundays, keeping a current volunteer data base and ensuring that all volunteers have completed their background checks and VIRTUS training.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- The applicant must have excellent written and oral communication skills whether person to person, through email or telephone.
- Must be willing to support the mission and vision of the Roman Catholic Church
- Be a practicing Catholic in good standing and faithful to the Sacraments.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree preferred.
- 3-5 years in general organizational setting with secretarial experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook email; capable of learning Parishsoft and working knowledge of computer hardware is required.
- Must be well organized, able to multitask and effectively work in a team.
- Experience with handling confidential, sensitive, timely and critical matters using good judgment, respect and discretion required.
- Strong orientation towards service is critical.
- Passing a background screening and completion of the VIRTUS “Protecting God’s Children” course are mandatory.
For a complete job description or to submit a resume, please contact Tia Marvin at