Haiti Twinning Ministry
- Patricia Britz – Chair
- Brendan Pigott – Chair Assistant
- Francesca Smith – Administrative Assistant
Contact HTM Chair
Twinning Vision Statement
We, the parishioners of the Sacred Heart have been called to enter in a twinning relationship with our brothers and sisters at Saint Gabriel, Haiti through the Haiti Twinning Ministry. Together, we follow the principals of Catholic Social Teaching to foster faith-filled relationships, self-sustainability and an end dependency.
Covenant of Twin Parishes
Relationships are developed through regular and reciprocal visits and communication to share our support and care of one another. To learn each other’s language and culture.
Promotion of twinning in both parishes with bulletin notes, announcements, banner, celebrating both Feast Days.
Faith is increased by sharing the Eucharist, participating at daily Mass, praying together and for one another, faith reflections
Equal and Mutual Partnership is developed through deep listening and respect of both partners
Assessing the success of the mission based on whether the capacity of the partner to lead their own future development has been enhanced, and not on how many projects were completed.
Promote Transparency and Accountability Share our financial resources through collaboration on monthly and annual financial and progress reports
Sacred Heart Pilgrimage To St. Gabriel
The Haiti Twinning Ministry (HTM) leads pilgrimages to our twin parish St. Gabriel twice a year for growth in spiritual life and developing partnership through relationship. All parishioners are invited. The pilgrimage starts with a blessing by the Pastor at Sacred Heart Church, the Sunday before the journey and a blessing from the Pastor at St. Gabriel parish before returning home; this to help the pilgrims to stay on the path that leads to God and for His protection. Also members of the HTM and of Sacred Heart keep a vigil while the pilgrims are away. They keep awake in their prayers for the conversion of pilgrims and for their safety.
Donate To St. Gabriel
- Saint Gabriel Builds its School
- Saint Gabriel Builds its School Cafeteria
- Saint Gabriel Builds its School Clinic
- St. Gabriel All-Purpose Playground
- Haitian Education System by Jean Bedel Pierrot (French & English)
- Life in Haiti by Jean Bedel Pierrot
- New Library in Lascahobas by Jean Dodson Nikita
- Electricity in Lascahobas
- Water in Lascahobas
- Cholera in Haiti
- Local Market
- History St. Gabriel Middle School (French & English)
- The Dedication of St. Gabriel School
- PowerPoint Dedication
- Haiti Is Beautiful by F. Daniel
- Haiti, a Trip or a Pilgrimage by P. Britz
- Pilgrimages to Haiti
- Understanding Haitian Culture
- Values Of American Culture
- Toward A Spirituality Of Accompaniment in Solidarity Partnerships
- Conference Episcopal