Haiti Twinning Ministry
- Patricia Britz – Chair
- Brendan Pigott – Administrative Assistant
- Stephanie Nevarez – Administrative Assistant
Contact HTM Chair
Saint Gabriel and Sacred Heart
Joint Vision Statement
God has called both Sacred Heart and Saint Gabriel parishes to a unique relationship based on spirituality, solidarity, and partnership. We accompany one another with respect, dignity, and deep listening, towards a fuller love, compassion, and healing. By getting to know one another, we become one in Jesus Christ.
Covenant of Twin Parishes
Relationships are developed through regular and reciprocal visits and communication to share our support and care of one another. To learn each other’s language and culture.
Promotion of twinning in both parishes with bulletin notes, announcements, banner, celebrating both Feast Days.
Faith is increased by sharing the Eucharist, participating at daily Mass, praying together and for one another, faith reflections
Equal and Mutual Partnership is developed through deep listening and respect of both partners
Assessing the success of the mission based on whether the capacity of the partner to lead their own future development has been enhanced, and not on how many projects were completed.
Promote Transparency and Accountability Share our financial resources through collaboration on monthly and annual financial and progress reports
Sacred Heart Pilgrimage To St. GabrielThe Haiti Twinning Ministry (HTM) leads pilgrimages to our twin parish St. Gabriel twice a year for growth in spiritual life and developing partnership through relationship. All parishioners are invited. The pilgrimage starts with a blessing by Fr. Paul Muyimbwa at Sacred Heart Church, the Sunday before the journey and a blessing from Fr. Ady Mytial before returning home; this to help the pilgrims to stay on the path that leads to God and for His protection. Also members of the HTM and of Sacred Heart keep a vigil while the pilgrims are away. They keep awake in their prayers for the conversion of pilgrims and for their safety.
Donate To St. Gabriel
- St. Gabriel All-Purpose Playground
- Haitian Education System by Jean Bedel Pierrot (French & English)
- Life in Haiti by Jean Bedel Pierrot
- New Library in Lascahobas by Jean Dodson Nikita
- Electricity in Lascahobas
- Water in Lascahobas
- Cholera in Haiti
- Local Market
- History St. Gabriel Middle School (French & English)
- The Dedication of St. Gabriel School
- PowerPoint Dedication
- Haiti Is Beautiful by F. Daniel
- Haiti, a Trip or a Pilgrimage by P. Britz
- 2016 Pilgrimage to Haiti
- Understanding Haitian Culture
- Values Of American Culture
- Toward A Spirituality Of Accompaniment in Solidarity Partnerships
- Conference Episcopa