Sacred Heart Church, Norfolk Virginia – Bookkeeper position
The Bookkeeper posts transactions, maintains payroll and financial records necessary for proper accounting according to generally acceptable accounting principles and best practices for a Church organization. The position is part-time (15-20 hours per week) and FLSA non-exempt category.
- A Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred with a minimum of 30 hours in Accounting
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in a bookkeeper role, especially in a not-for-profit organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in reconciling of general ledger and bank accounts preferred
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Access, Parish Soft Accounting software, mutual flexibility in work schedule.
- Ability to respect Catholic doctrine and religious practices
- Maintaining professional standards of confidentiality.
- General accounting duties, including entering data, posting gifts, preparing checks and making bank deposits and Formulation of annual operating budget.
- Monthly reporting to the Pastor, parish finance council, and the Diocese of Richmond.
- Execution of budget including income statements, cash flow management, and deposits and expenditures
- Maintaining parish databases, accounting records, and filing IRS statements and claims
- Execution of payroll efforts, including taxation and benefits.
- Preparing monthly reconciliation of bank and investment accounts
- Processing gift acknowledgments and notification of gifts as well as produce and mail statements for parishioners and donors.
- Other duties as assigned
Pay and benefits are based on diocesan pay scale as enumerated by the Catholic Diocese of Richmond.
Interested parties should send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com