Sacrament of Confirmation
“The Sacrament of Confirmation is a moment of initiation into the Church, for the purpose of mission to the world. By the Sacrament of Confirmation, [the baptized] are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. Hence they are, as true witnesses of Christ, more strictly obliged to spread and defend the faith by word and deed.” (Confirmation Guidelines p.7)
“In order for an adolescent who has received the Sacraments of Baptism and Eucharist to begin preparing for Confirmation, he or she must be currently enrolled in at least the tenth grade and at least 15 years of age. Reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation will occur in the spring of the year in which the candidate has completed the preparation.” (Confirmation Guidelines p.18)
The Confirmation process is dependent on the parents’ lived expression of our Catholic faith through the family’s consistent participation in the weekly celebration of the Eucharist and their desire to continue grow and learn as a Catholic Christian.
Before Confirmation Consider:
Are you ready to be confirmed? Are you…
- Active in your parish
- Attending mass regularly
- Involved in some type of religious formation
- Being of service to others
- Committed to living the Catholic Christian Life – before and after celebrating the Sacrament of Confirmation
Typically High School Confirmation Candidates begin the process in September.
At Sacred Heart, typically Adult Candidates for Confirmation prepare during the Lenten Season and celebrate the Sacrament during the Easter Season.
To begin the Confirmation Process contact Amy Woods at email@example.com
For the year 2019-2020 the preparation dates for Confirmation are:
- September 8, 2019 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- October 6, 2019 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- November 6, 2019 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- December 8, 2019 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- January 5, 2020 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- February 2, 2020 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- March 1, 2020 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- April 5, 2020 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- May 5, 2020 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- January 12, 2020 – 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.