Sacrament of Matrimony
Do you have a wedding anniversary approaching soon?
If so, please contact Fr. Paul at least a month in advance so he can bless you and your spouse with a prayer or have a Mass honored for you.
Christian Marriage Eligibility:
- One of the persons to be married must be a practicing Catholic. Except in extraordinary circumstances the couple should contact the church at least six months prior to the wedding.
- If either of the parties has been married before, it will need to be determined whether that person is free to marry in the Catholic Church. Since the process can take up to a year, it is essential that this matter be resolved before setting the wedding date.
In general, these are the major stepping stones in a couple’s preparation for marriage in the Diocese of Richmond. In order to allow enough time to accomplish everything that is needed, a couple should begin the preparation process at least 6-9 months prior to their ideal wedding date.
- Initial meeting with the Director of Religious Education to discuss the preparation process.
- The couple attends a marriage preparation program approved by the diocese.
- The couple meets with the priest or deacon to discuss the premarital inventory (PMI), and all documentation for the marriage file is finalized
- The couple meets with the Director of Music and The Director of Religious Education to discuss readings and music.